Tuesday 6 May 2014

Blogging Review

"To what degree you met each of the criteria and then propose a final numerical grade."



Due to my work schedule and other matters, the biggest difficulty I have had has been posting early in the week. In the Edtech 503 course, there was a stipulation that posts were done by Thursday so that commenting could be done over the weekend; this put a strain on me but it did have the effect of getting posts commented on! So, Timeliness has been my biggest struggle: at least one was late. That being said, the majority were posted on the day they were asked for.

With regard to content and readings/resources; I read all of the book. I had the book purchased some time ago by the school library so I had started reading it before the course. One thing I didn't do was refer only to the content in the book. In reading other student's posts and looking at their course objects, some felt like a regurgitation of Roblyer and Doering's ideas. For me, a blog is about my experience and what I took away from the process; I hope that comes across in my writing. Sure, I referred to other work to back up my ideas and thoughts - part of my reason for doing this MET course is so that I can back up what I say, and my ideas, with research and evidence. I'd say full marks for these.

Responses to other's posts. Define substantial! I find when I read my peer's posts that I agree, disagree, and have questions either way. Instead of flatly disagreeing, I prefer to ask questions like "what if...", "have you seen this?" I have wanted to continue those conversations but those I have posted to have not responded unfortunately! I'm pretty sure I have done a few fairly deep responses to people - perhaps I should have kept a record of them! Full marks ?!

No comments:

Post a Comment