Tuesday 5 August 2014

Edtech Challenges 2

In my first post regarding Edtech Challenges, I highlight an issue of students developing a portfolio of evidence that can follow them throughout their lives. After completing a module on Project Based Learning and completing research on the use of blogs and eportfolios, I now fully subscribe to this belief.
I believe the process of developing the Edtech Challenges object has allowed me to reflect on how both the institute in which I work and my own views on different students' motivations are guided outside of school. Giving students choice is important, but I have also feel that the ability of the teacher to assess the work done by students is manageable. Understanding the diversity in our learners is an important part of our role, however I also see the need to balance the work load for teachers. I build and use rubrics for assignments that give students the choice of how they "respond" to the challenge of the task. By providing a grading rubric, students know what is expected of them and the teacher can assess submissions based on these standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment