Monday 22 July 2013

Copyright Scavenger Hunt

http://edtech2.boisestate.edu/martinmullan/502/scavenger.html

The copyright scavenger hunt is a learning resource that guides teachers and students to answer questions about copyright abuse, plagiarism and fair use. 

After doing the research and building this object, I have a new respect for doing things the right way. Teachers tend to take if they can get their hands on resources, and use them as their own. I have made it my goal to not do this again and have been in contact with companies regarding the use of their materials within the confines of our school's domain.

In order to instill a sense of responsibility in my students, I have begun to include a referencing section in all of my rubrics in order to push the students to identify from where they have been taking the media they find for their work. It is slowly getting through to them that if they didn't build it themselves, they need to say who did!

No comments:

Post a Comment