Tuesday 16 December 2014

SAMR

On the 11-13th of December, I attended the 21CL Learning Conference in Hong Kong. I had the pleasure of meeting, and chatting with, Dr. Ruben Puentedura who is responsible for the SAMR (Substitution, Augmentation, Modification, Redefinition) model.

Ruben's slides: SAMR - Thoughts for Design | SAMR - Getting to Transformation



Ruben's ability to apply the model to any scenario he was asked about, from pre-school upwards, was awesome. 


Question Ladder to develop SAMR tasks:

Substitution: 
• What will I gain by replacing the older technology with the new technology? 

Substitution to Augmentation: 
• Have I added an improvement to the task process that could not be accomplished with the older technology at a fundamental level? 
• How does this feature contribute to my design? 

Augmentation to Modification: 
• How is the original task being modified? 
• Does this modification fundamentally depend upon the new technology? 
• How does this modification contribute to my design? 

Modification to Redefinition: 
• What is the new task? 
• Will any portion of the original task be retained? 
• How is the new task uniquely made possible by the new technology? 
• How does it contribute to my design?


No comments:

Post a Comment