Sunday 20 April 2014

Privacy, Permissions and Digital Footprints

I have read many Acceptable Use and Social Media Policies and they come in various degrees of strictness and completeness. I believe that there needs to be a set of rules that are followed but also that everyone "buys in" to the concept of the policy and the guidelines within. I have recently developed a set of guidelines for the use of Google Apps for Education for my students. I presented them to a target group and have asked that they review them and discuss any improvements or to let me know if they are too strict; this has generated very positive feedback about the guidelines from my students. The policy below is for teachers. It was created as part of a collaboration so it encompasses input from perspectives that my teachers may not feel is right for them. I will request that my teachers are given time to review the content of any policy/guidelines as I have with my students since they are more likely to abide by the rules if they write them!


No comments:

Post a Comment