Saturday 5 July 2014

Assessment - Setup - Journal

As part of the assessment plan for my students, I want my students to create a log/journal of their biology work. This log will be assessed for their critical thinking and problem solving.

To make the assessment as efficient for the teachers as possible, I thought I'd look at IFTTT to set up a push from Blogger to a GSheet. This will allow the teacher and student to see a log of the journal entries and quickly access those entries. I'm still toying with the concept, but I've just thought - this second - of using Doctopus to share the Journal Log sheet with the students. The teachers' assessments can be done with Goobric and kept private (FERPA) while comments directly on the blog can be formative.

Let's see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment